Thursday, April 2, 2015

tasted

The politics
were really some matter
for me
Like a taste of blood
accidentally got in the way
and I got it in my head
the fruit was supposed to taste like steak
when
in actuality
Probably was the wax stuff supposed to be left on display

Better left in the past
If it was to be anything at all
the wax figure on display
standing in for something

That I could
change?
A puzzle I could
complete?

          Maybe...

But I would live for the politics of the thing
I would pore over it
Learn
Study
Digest
Live
Speculate
Expound upon

And it wasn’t cheap

Bleed
  for
with
and from

For me, it was sport
While for everyone else
a struggle
and blessing
Which is what I hoped for myself too

but for that taste

On it goes without me
And me a bit lost at times without it
I still hear faint echoes sometimes
As if it knows it could draw me back in
Anytime it wanted

Perhaps I run from it
Because it’s a worthwhile thing from which to run
Or a worthwhile thing to run into
once the circle unbreaks

But I’ve still a really bad taste in my mouth until it does

No comments:

Post a Comment